1. Starting with a red earthenware clay, I throw my shapes on a wheel.
2. When they have dried to a certain level, I coat one side with a white-liquid clay slip, dry - repeat - dry. This gives me a thin surface to draw through.
3. Little sculpted items are added. A thicker clay preparation is piped on, to form the raised flowers etc. Then I illustrate the pieces.
4. The pots are then fully dried out so they can be fired for the 1st time.
5. Now I have a strong dry surface to add colour to the illustrations and cover the whole item with a clear glaze .
6. The ceramics are now fired again.
7. Next, little gold highlghts and rims are added in real gold lustre, also the "on-glaze" highlights and details.
8. Finally they are fired for the third and last time and are then ready to go out to their destinations.